Bold Beginner Knits by Kate Davies
- Cast on/bind off
- knit back and forth/knit in the round
With these basic skills under your knitterly belt, you'll be a able to make each one of the six bold pieces in this collection:
- a colourful modular blanket
- a top-down cardigan
- a bottom-up yoke pullover
- a garment knitted from side-to-side
- a lace-patterned triangular shawl
- a beanie hat (which demonstrates the ease off swatching in the round
Kate Davies was inspired to create Bold Beginner Knitsfor friend and bold beginner knitter, Jane Hunter. Each pattern was specifically created by Kate to introduce Jane to useful new techniques and different construction methods by knitting interesting designs that in no sense resemble beginner pieces. Unfamiliar techniques are introduced with links to relevant video tutorials, and from the straightforward pattern-writing style to the visual page layout, every element of Bold Beginner Knits is designed to be clear and easy to follow.
Whatever kind of knitter you are, you’ll love making and wearing these six appealing designs.
(Contains a Ravelry download code to add this book to your library.)